Alignment Based Vinyasa & Restorative Hatha Yoga
Internationally Registered Yoga School
Experience the holistic integration of yoga & mindfulness with ayurvedic nutrition & lifestyle.
Explore the fundamentals of yoga theory, methodology, anatomy, philosophy, and more!
Learn a functional and remedial approach to postural alignment and restoration for mobility, stability, and balance.
Discover and embrace the potential to create inclusive teaching environments.
Develop the insight to create a customized practice for yourself and those you teach.
- Gain the understanding of Yoga and meditation for your own personal growth – expand your awareness of the potential of our bodies and minds.
- Become dedicated to living a healthy and holistic lifestyle.
- Grow mindfully and professionally in the field of alignment based Hatha Yoga – inspire others to be more aware of their health and spirituality
- Create connections and community with people from different walks of life, finding a common thread through yoga
Major Topics Covered
- Fundamentals of Alignment
- Yoga Philosophy & Traditional Context
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Teaching Methodology
- Variations & Modifications
- Use of Props for posture enhancement
- Principles of Ayurveda for Nutrition & Lifestyle
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Restoratives & Pranayama
- Energetic Anatomy: Chakras & Nadis
- Cyclical Balance & Hormonal Health
- & much more!
Included in the course
- Teaching manual, e-books, and other resources
- Basic props for alignment based yoga
- Weekly group classes with Diego
- Ayurvedic cleansing, cooking, and lifestyle course
- Mentorship opportunities
- Discounts on future courses
- Profile feature in our Yoga Teacher Directory
- Access to online classroom and resources
- Yoga Alliance® Registered Yoga School 200hr Yoga Teacher Certificate*
*upon completion of all hours and requirements
April - July
April 10-11 | 24-25
May 1-2 | 15-16 | 29-30
June 12-13 | 26-27
July 10-11 | 24-25 | 31-1 (aug)
We usually host at least 2 TTC’s a year in Durban. The second course for 2021 scheduled to start in August. Contact us for dates.
& OTHER REQUIRED HOURS
Weekend Module Schedule
9am to 12pm – Morning Practise Sessions
12:00-1:00pm Lunch (not included, bring your own)
1:00pm to 6:00pm – Afternoon Workshops & Study Sessions
Other Required Hours
In addition to the module weekends;
- Once a week group class with Diego; there will be one morning and one afternoon session, for you to choose from
- Observation & teaching practical hours; these will mostly be scheduled towards end of course / after completion of the course
- Online Assignments
*Dates & schedules may change. Students will be informed prior to finalizing any changes.
The course will be presented In Person and Live Online
We will be broadcasting from Eagles View Yoga Studio, Gillitts, Durban, South Africa
You can choose to join however is most convenient for you at the time.
Who can apply?
- New Yoga practitioners will be immersed and established in the understanding and practice of Yoga.
- Experienced Yoga practitioners will learn Yoga essentials to deepen and refine their Yoga practice, that cannot be fully explored in Yoga classes.
- Qualified teachers will enrich their existing Yoga practice and knowledge to gain continuous education credits.
We believe that with proper guidance, commitment to the process, and an open mind, beginners and experienced students alike can benefit from this experience and learn to be excellent teachers of the fundamentals of yoga. Complete the application form for further confirmation of your eligibility.
to secure your space
(deposit and course fees are non-refundable but may be
applied towards a future TTC course)
Pay in Full Option
Total: 17,800 ZAR
Balance after deposit: 14,200 ZAR
Balance Due Date: 9/April/2021
Total: 19,800 ZAR
Balance after deposit: 5 monthly payments of 4,050 ZAR
Balance Due Date(s): end of each month
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is offered as a “hybrid” course, which means both online and in person. The full weekend modules will be broadcasted live via “Zoom.” We will have a small group in person at the studio, which is helpful for demonstrating specific details about alignment, for example. You can join the course completely online, from the comfort of your home or you can join some weekends online and others in person. We also have a virtual classroom for assignments and resources. All students will have lifetime access to this classroom.
We strongly believe that everyone learns at their own pace in their own way. For this reason, there is not a formal / traditional “test” per se. We support your learning through assignments and practices. These assignments and practices are not assessed in the traditional way of “right vs. wrong.” We are not evaluating anyone to determine whether they are a good or bad student / teacher. Instead, the assignments and practices help us determine where we need to refine our own teaching so you can better integrate the process. In addition to the assignments there will be teaching practicals where you will practise sharing the teachings with others.
The main course requirements for certification are:
- attend all required sessions (either in person or live online); this includes the weekend modules, weekly group classes, and teaching practicals
- complete all required assignments
- complete all teaching practicals
We highly recommend that you do everything you can to attend all scheduled weekends. However, we understand that circumstances change. In the event that you have to miss any time the best option is that you make up the time in our next training. We usually host at least 2 courses a year in Durban. This opportunity will only be allowed on a case by case basis and only due to serious exceptions.
The content will be recorded and will be made available on the virtual classroom for students to review as necessary. However, students are required to attend the online sessions LIVE as much as possible. Yoga Alliance has made it very clear that most of the sessions must be completed LIVE, to qualify for registration in their directory.
Our Yoga School is registered with Yoga Alliance, one of the world’s leading and most internationally recognized organizations for Yoga Teacher Trainings. Yoga Alliance has gone through great lengths over the years to ensure schools and teachers registered with them meet particular standards. You can read more about the standards and registration process on their website. Although it is not necessary to be registered, or even certified, to teach yoga, a certificate and registration is often required by companies and employers. Our course certificate would meet the qualifications required by most potential employers. Additionally, your certificate will be eligible for registration with the Yoga Alliance directory. To learn more about the registration standards and process visit www.yogaalliance.org
Yes. The course is suitable for both beginners and experienced practitioners alike. We have had people with 0 experience as well as people that have already been teaching for years. The course mostly covers the fundamentals of alignment and restoratives, which is beneficial for everyone. Beginners actually have the advantage of coming in with a completely open mind; having no preconceived notions about what is right/wrong in yoga really helps to integrate the teachings most effectively.
Yes. This course will give you a solid foundation of the principles of yoga in its multiple dimensions. Once you start learning and practising you may be more inspired to simply share it with others, so don’t be surprised if you end up sort of teaching it anyway. In fact, learning to share/teach yoga is a great tool for better understanding the practise for oneself. Do keep in mind, because it’s a teacher training we do make time specifically for teaching practise, which you would be inspired and required to do for certification. Our teaching methodology is very supportive and meant to inspire you to inspire others, not to pressure or test anyone, so that it can be the relaxing and enjoyable process we believe yoga should be.
This course will be both online and in person. You can choose to attend the sessions in person or online. Our in-person location is in Winston Park, Gillitts, South Africa; a quiet and peaceful suburb, just outside of Durban. The space is Eagles View Yoga Studio, which is surrounded by stunning valley views and a lovely, lush indigenous garden.
If you have more questions or need to further clarify anything mentioned here, please contact us at email@example.com or via WhatsApp at +27 79 262 3877. Please allow up to 48 hours to receive a reply. If you don’t hear back from us by then it could mean we missed your message or overlooked the reply, if that happens we ask for your kind patience and that you send us a follow up of your inquiry.
Reserve Your Space
We like keep our class sizes small; limited spaces available.