Inner Wellness Studio invites you to fully embrace Yoga as a technology for holistic living. This course is a comprehensive study and practice of Yoga. This course will give you a profound experience of Yoga that will transform your body and mind. On completion of the course you will be qualified to teach the fundamentals of Yoga. We are a Yoga Alliance® Registered Yoga School (RYS®200 & RYS®300) and upon completion of the course your certificate will reflect this internationally recognised credential.
Those new to Yoga will be immersed and established in the understanding and practice of Yoga.
Existing Yoga practitioners will learn Yoga essentials to deepen and refine their Yoga practice, that cannot be fully explored in Yoga classes.
Qualified teachers will enrich their existing Yoga practice and knowledge to gain continuous education credits.
Is the Yoga Teacher Training for you?
- Do you want to be immersed in the study and practice of holistic living and health?
- Do you want to be a part of a comprehensive study and practice of traditional Yoga?
- Do you want to expand the awareness of your body and mind's greatest potential?
- Do you want to be adept in the practice of Yoga to enhance your own personal practice?
- Are you ready to live out your passion and a vocation of teaching to promote Yoga and holistic living?
What you will learn:
The inspiration and focus of the training will be based on alignment and vinyasa Yoga. As a part of the course electives you will be trained in the science of Ayurveda. You will learn to integrate a lifestyle of holism and awareness.
What can be expected on the course:
- Develop greater awareness of your physical balance and strength through the practice of Yoga postures.
- Become adept in the understanding and physical practice of the Yoga postures, deepen and establish a sustainable practice for your personal growth, longevity and health.
- Learn the science of conscious breathing to soothe the nerves and emotions. Practice the art of mental and physical relaxation.
- Learn comprehensive alignment based Hatha Yoga techniques. This forms the foundation of a sustainable and healing experience of Yoga.
- Learn the art of physical adjustments to align the body thereby deepening the benefits of the Yoga practice.
- Learn physically active and dynamic sequences to bring flexibility and strength to the body and to enhance your teaching skills.
Yoga Philosophy and Ayurvedic Lifestyle
- Learn traditional holistic Yoga philosophy to consciously understand the essence of Yoga.
- Be introduced to Ayurveda the sister science of Yoga to compliment and complete your Yoga practice and lifestyle.
Anatomy and Physiology
- Learn the art behind the specific sequencing of Yoga classes for therapeutic benefits and to prevent injury.
- Deepen your experience and understanding of the subtle energetic anatomy of the body.
- Study anatomy and physiology of the body and mind in relation to Yoga and meditation.
- Get hands on learning experience of teaching Yoga classes in a supportive and learning environment within the teacher training program.
- Develop the framework to confidently and professionally teach Yoga classes.
Our Teacher Training Course is for you if you...
- wish to gain the understanding of Yoga and meditation for your own personal growth.
- are dedicated to living a healthy and holistic lifestyle.
- want to develop in the field of alignment based hatha Yoga.
- have a natural ability to inspire others to be more aware of their health and spirituality as a Yoga teacher.
About Diego Baldi
Diego is the founder of Inner Wellness Studio in Durban, a practice specialising in Yoga, meditation, and teacher training. Diego draws from his background in holistic health coaching, integrative nutrition, and Ayurveda offering a comprehensive lifestyle approach.
Diego was introduced to Yoga at a early age and since then it has become his vocation. Continuing to advance his practice both as a learner and a teacher, he completed Yoga teacher training programs in Vinyasa Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Meditation, Iyengar Yoga and has received the credentials as an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT® 500) with Yoga Alliance. He runs 200hr & 500hr Yoga Teachers Training Courses and is a Continued Education Provider (YACEP®).
In 2009 he completed his first Yoga Teacher Training Course (200hrs) with the Shades of Yoga School. His personal practice led him to the teachings of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) and he completed Level I Teacher Training with Pritam Khalsa & Har Bhajan in 2012. In 2015 he completed advanced teacher training (300hrs) at the Kailash Tribal School in the Himalayas, focusing on Patanjali's Yoga system, traditional Yoga philosophy and Ayurveda. Most recently, Diego completed a 3 year certification course that qualified him as an Iyengar Yoga Teacher.
Additionally, Diego has been trained in holistic massage, acupressure, and traditional Thai massage.
“My experience as a Yoga teacher over the last 8 years has empowered me to integrate with the healing potential of Yoga on all levels. Yoga has cultivated a more conscious and compassionate way of life within me. It is my intention to promote the holistic practice of Yoga as a lifestyle, to maintain health and balance and promote optimum wellness.”