Integration of Yoga and Ayurveda
The 300hr program serves to present an integrated study and practice of Hatha Yoga (through the study of Light on Yoga, and other key texts), Patanjali's yoga, Kundalini Tantra and Ayurveda to facilitate the transformation and evolution of the student in a holsitic way. This program serves to inspire complete development in your lifestyle, teaching style and classes.
Included in the course syllabus, yoga for:
- pre-natal and menstrual health
- children & teens
- remedial treatment
- & more
Existing Yoga practitioners will learn Yoga essentials to deepen and refine their Yoga practice. Qualified teachers will enrich their existing Yoga practice and knowledge to gain more knowledge and tools as a teacher.
If you have a RYS200 YTT Certificate; on completion of the 300hr program you will qualify for the 500hr designation with Yoga Alliance.
This course will follow a "part-time" alternate weekend schedule over the course of 6 months.
- Immerse yourself into the progressive study and practice of “Light on Yoga” and Patanjali's holistic 8 fold practice of Yoga.
- Study and analyse the varying approaches the 3 most authoritative texts on Hatha Yoga, including “Hatha Yoga Pradipika.”
- Engage in an focused study of anatomy and physiology of the body relating to the remedial application of yoga.
- Develop the necessary sensitivity to accommodate students of all levels of experience by systematically meeting their needs and supporting them to safely and effectively advance in their practice of yoga-asanas and pranayama.
- Deepen your awareness and theoretical knowledge of our subtler energetic anatomy; the chakras, nadis, meridians and other energetic systems. Learn integrated practices that bring change and transformation to these subtle energetic and emotional layers.
- Gain insight to integrate the supportive and healing practices of a woman. Learn how to manage and accommodate important life changes, as well as teach yoga that specifically supports women's reproductive health and fertility.
- Support the development, health and well-being of both mother and child by learning how to adjust your practice and teaching during the different phases of pregnancy.
- Mindfully integrate restorative yoga and pranayama into your practice and teaching in order to balance the exhaustive effects of a demanding and stressful lifestyle.
- Learn how to effectively teach yoga to children of different age groups.
- Embark on an in depth study and integration of Ayurveda, the sister science of Yoga, complimenting your own practice and enabling you to share your knowledge with others.
- Develop the potential to be able to bring about balance and harmony in the minds and bodies of yourself and your students.
Is the Integrated Yoga Teacher Training for you?
- Do I have the intention to be established in a lifestyle of self-care, longevity and holistic health?
- Would I like to develop the understanding of the remedial effects of asanas and sequences that can be applied for specific health issues?
- Do I want to deepen my understanding of the reach and functions of muscles?
- Do I want to be confident in structural analysis and refine my teaching to design personalised yoga practises?
- Do I want to deepen my understanding of the essential nature of disease and the yogic approach to the management of disease in the body?
Course Outline & Schedule
The course will take place from May to October of 2019, generally on alternate weekends.
Most of the 300 hours will be covered during 12 weekend modules over the course of 6 months. We will meet on
- Friday's from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Saturday's & Sunday's from 9:30am-6:30pm
We will have a reasonable amount of time for lunch and small breaks throughout the day.
Additionally, to obtain certificate you must also complete approximately 50 hours of group classes with Diego (included in course fees).
Module Dates & Themes
10, 11 & 12 May | Module 1 | Progressive Foundations: Standing & Seated Asanas; Introduction to Progression in Practice as presented in "Light on Yoga" and the "Yoga Sutras"
31 May - 1 & 2 June | Module 2 | Preparing the Organic Body: Inversions, Restoratives & Pranayama; Hormonal & Reproductive Health
21, 22 & 23 June | Module 3 | Kundalini Yoga and Meditation I: Essential Kriyas and Meditations; Kundalini Tantra; Chakras and Nadis
28, 29 & 30/June | Module 4 | Ayurvedic & Samkhya Philosophy: Yoga for Your Type
12, 13 & 14 July | Module 5 | Detoxifying the Organic Body: Seated Forward Extensions & Lateral Extensions; Restoratives & Pranayama II
26, 27 & 28 July | Module 6 | Flexible Foundations: Alignment Essentials II; Back Extensions; Core of the Yoga Sutra’s
9, 10 & 11 August | Module 7 | Abdominal Toning & Arm Balancing: Muscles & Structural Analysis
23, 24 & 25 August| Module 8 | Kundalini Yoga and Meditation II : Bhandas, Mudras & Energetic Anatomy
6, 7 & 8 September | Module 9 | Remedial Yoga Sequences: Yogic Management of Common Diseases
20, 21 & 22 September | Module 10 | Yoga for Your Type: An Ayurvedic Approach to Practice
4, 5 & 6 October | Module 11 | Yoga Through Womanhood: Menstrual Cycles, Menopause & Pregnancy
18, 19 & 20 October | Module 12 | Yoga from Childhood: Beginning Stages, Puberty & Adolescence
Fees & Registration
To register for the course:
- Submit online registration/health history form. We will do our best to be in touch with further details within 48 hours.
- Secure your space with a R5,000 deposit.
Including all related workshops and group classes:
R30,000 | Deposit: R5,000*
Save 10% with Early Registration
secure deposit by: 19/April and pay R27,000
Inner Wellness Studio 200hr course graduates receive an additional 10% off.
Flexible Payment Options Available
*Deposit and course fees are non-refundable.